Microcitrus Australasica vartiety Jali Red (5 seeds)
3 Item Items
On order - 1-2 weeks shipping time
Warning: Last items in stock!
Variety: Jali Red
Packaging: Bag of 5 seeds.
Finger lime plants are also available.
Grow yourself this this highly sought species! Lemon having the shape of a big finger with a flesh resembling caviar and several different colors.
All the biggest restaurants are looking for this lemon so rare and so good! Grow it!
Plant native to Australia, its fruit is cylinder shaped with a elongated bark and different colors.
It is a vigorous plant rather resistant to cold and drought.
- Plant type: Citrus.
- Family: Rutaceae.
- Common name: lemon caviar, lemon finger Finger Lime.
- Description: Pretty thorny bush native to the undergrowth of the forests of Australia.
This Rutaceae can reach 6 / 8m in the ground.
Its fruit is cylindrical (4-8 cm long), the leaves are small. Fruit color varies green, yellow, orange, red, purple, black or brown, although from the same species (70 varieties).
He is best known for its fruit composed of small vesicles (like caviar) that can be used as a garnish or added as a condiment to many good meals! They have a lemon with a little tartness of grapefruit peel. When you bite into one, the blisters break under the tongue, it is an amazing and unique flavor. Fresh and very fragrant leaves are also used to flavor dishes and even prepare delicious drinks.
Ask our best cooks, they love them all!
- Place of culture: unheated conservatory or cold greenhouse (about 5 ° C).
Culture few times as possible in the ground in warmer regions (French Riviera or Atlantic coast for example).
Culture outside possible during the summer season.
- Minimum storage temperature: 5 ° C.
- Substrate Example use: 33% of garden soil, 33% horticultural compost, 33% coarse sand.
- Watering during the winter season: moist Soil: watering when the soil is dry about 1 cm surface.
- Watering during the summer season: Sol wet: water so that the substrate is still damp.
- Exposure: Full sun.
- Bloom: July-August
- Harvesting: December to March
Sowing the seeds in a well-drained soil for germination under mini greenhouse to maintain a minimum temperature of 25 ° C.
Keep moist but not soggy.
The lifting usually occurs between 15 and 45 days.